Pantry Background and History

Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me."

New Hope Food Pantry Outreach started in the home of Michael and Mary Groeper in 1988, as they were working with people who were in AA trying to get back into the mainstream of life.   New Hope was incorporated in 1990 and obtained their 501 (c) 3 in 1992.  Along with helping those less fortunate being able to afford food, they also help with furniture, household items, clothing, school supplies for families in need. New Hope also assist Senior Citizens with housing, utilities and medications as well as food.
Since incorporation in 1990 New Hope has grown to serving 9 counties in Missouri as well as 2 counties in Illinois. In 2010 New Hope fed thousands of people, helped people with housing and utilities when finances permitted. Helped people obtain medical help and medications. New Hope also provided toys for 584 children for Christmas in 2010.
New Hope is not supported by Local, State or Federal Governments, nor or we a member of the United Way. We depend solely upon concerned, caring people of the communities in which we serve.
As companies cut back and more people receive their pink slips, the number of clients are growing on a daily basis. All clients are referred by other by other agencies, such as the Division of Family Services, Crisis Nursery, NECASC, Crider Center, Women's Abuse Center and Local churches.
If a family comes to New Hope for assistance without a referral, they will be helped if it is their first time coming to New Hope. The New Hope staff will inform the families of the requirements of referrals for future assistance.
The need is greater now than ever before for food, personal hygiene products, as well as finances not only to pay overhead expenses, but to help in our on going Outreach Program. All workers are volunteer so 90% funding goes toward helping others. The remaining 10% goes for paying our overhead expenses.
Our office hours are currently 10am - 3:30pm Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Any help that you can offer at this time would be greatly appreciated.
Please remember that all donations are tax deductible and a copy of our 501 (c) 3 is available upon request.

For further information you may contact the Pantry at (636) 947-0755 or Mike at: (314) 550-1974 .

May God Bless You